FrkHyms

FrkHyms

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
C.S. Lewis, Christian Burningham
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
MILA 2.0 - Debra Driza Mila was a great protagonist. Her emotions, doubts and sorrows seem more real than most teen's in YA literature which says a lot about how great an author Debra Driza really is. Making an android seem human and still never letting the reader forget that it is in fact an android is kind of awesome. Unfortunately, I had some problems with, well, almost all other characters in the book and their relationship with Mila. The love interest in the story starts out great, but I never really got to know the boy, Hunter. Yet throughout the entire book Mila keeps obsessing about him and missing him. I kept hoping for him to have a bigger role and actually be part of the story, but alas! I assume it's because Mila tries to hang on to something normal and teenage love is certainly normal, but come on - she just found out she can't trust anything or anyone, but for some reason she trusts Hunter. It just isn't right. The mother-daughter relationship is somewhat shallow and the evil guy is kind of cliché, although he is more cruel than most bad guys. The only character I like, except from Mila, is Lucas. He is interesting and quite adorable and I loved his relationship with Mila. The story is very well written and I especially loved the fighting scenes - they were riveting and Mila kicks some serious ass! I loved reading about her thoughts and concerns about her humanity, particularly when she encounters Holland (the very bad-ass bad guy).I adored the humor. Mila is very sarcastic and so funny and I laughed out loud several times! When is the next book published? I want to know what happens to Lucas!! Driza's debut novel is an amazing story about what makes a human and what doesn't and if you like reading about androids and awesome fighting scenes, you should really check it out.