FrkHyms

FrkHyms

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
C.S. Lewis, Christian Burningham
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
The Holders - Julianna Scott You know those books who stay with you long after you've read the last page? The kind of book you want to re-read the second you finish it. The Holders is that book for me. I adored it from the very beginning. It's almost a mix of X-men and Ireland which is just perfect!The writing is amazing and I had a hard time putting the book down (sleep and food is overrated, right?). Even though the story has a slow pace at times, it's still riveting and filled with Irish myths and life on a boarding school.I loved Becca. She is an awesome protagonist. She is so much fun and very sarcastic, but she is also friendly and hardheaded. Becca is very smart and I loved finally reading about a protagonist, who dares to speak her mind and who doesn't depend on anybody. I adored the chemistry between Becca and Alex - they are so funny together and their friendship develops slowly and realistically. Their relationship is predictable, but I stilled loved being on the side watching them getting to know each other and falling in love. Their conversations and inside jokes are fantastic.Almost all the people in this book have depth and individuality and I cared for most of them. My favorites were Min, Mr. Reid and Mr. Anderson - I loved their bickering and weirdness.My only real problem with this book was the cover - It just doesn't do anything for me. Had I seen it in a book store I probably would have ignored it and that's such a shame - guess I need to stop judging the books by their covers, huh? Anyway, read this book - you won’t regret it!