FrkHyms

FrkHyms

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #2)
C.S. Lewis, Christian Burningham
Dante Valentine: The Complete Series
Lilith Saintcrow
The Pirate's Wish (The Assassin's Curse, #2) - Cassandra Rose Clarke The Pirate’s Wish is action packed from beginning to end. More characters are introduced, more secrets revealed and more adventures are started. The Pirate’s Wish is not as much a sequel as it is an extension of the first book. Not much where concluded in The Assassin’s Curse and I liked being back with Naji and Ananna.A lot of new characters where introduced, but I definitely liked Jeric the most. He’s so much fun and sassy and it’s nice to have someone to tell Ananna off, because she seems like a frustrated teen throughout most of the book. Occasionally she pulls herself together and gets some action going, men the story thrives on her feelings and it gets a bit boring - if the girl would just see the truth and stop whining, everything would perfect, but she’s obviously blind! Sigh!Thankfully, I've got Naji and he’s awesome. Dark, brooding and awfully cute. I don’t know if it’s because I read The Witch’s Betrayal, but he was so much easier to like and understand in this book. He’s so sweet when he tries to connect with Ananna while still being all cool and mysterious. He is without a doubt my favorite character in the book.The story is very intriguing and just when I thought I had it all figured out, some new thing pops into the story and makes everything even more exciting. Cassandra Rose Clarke created such a vivid, fascinating and amazing world filled with magic, adventure and with a fairy tale feel to it - anything can (and probably will) happen. I loved it!The Pirate’s Wish made me laugh and it made me sigh. It was a quick read, but it won’t be easily forgotten. Well written, alluring and with such a beautiful cover!